2017’s Mr. Basketball Earned His CrownMarch 21, 2017
Don’t Give Up On BriscoeMarch 22, 2017
Reasons CATS fans should go to Memphis besides the obvious:
- There is no need to purchase an airline ticket. Just hop in you car, fill up with gas and head south. Stop for a “reboot” lunch in Nashville and before you know it you will be at the home of “The King.”
- If you want to put a smile on your face, head over to the Memphis Peabody for the Duck March. The ducks perform every day at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Be sure to arrive early as space fills up quickly. This has been a tradition (must like Kentucky Basketball) since 1933.
- Located next door to the Memphis Peabody is Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian-American Steakhouse that will leave you with the “meat sweats.” Servers journey to your table with specialty grilled meats on skewers laying generous portions on your plate. My advice would be to avoid the 70 item salad bar and save room for the main course. However, a taste of the imported cheeses and gourmet vegetables should still leave you plenty of room. Coupons are available on line and reservations would be suggested.
- If you have ever experienced Bourbon Street you will find Beale Street a scaled down version of the New Orleans icon. Bars line the street and blues will be in the air. Fed Ex Forum is adjacent to Beale Street so there is no doubt that street will be blue before tip off on Friday.
- Tunica is located about 40 miles from Memphis so if you like to throw cards down or play some slots it would be well worth the drive. Horseshoe and Gold Strike are the most frequented casinos though there are others located within a few miles. If you want a free buffet just go in and sign up for the rewards card and most will offer you a free meal.
- Long time CATS fans will remember the Pyramid in Memphis. It was the host to many sporting events some which included Kentucky. The building itself is something to see and the fact that it is a Bass Pro Shop (since 2015), which includes shopping, a hotel and restaurant, bowling alley and outdoor observation deck make it worth the trip down to the river.
- If you have never been to Arkansas this will be a prime opportunity. You can cross over the state line turn around and cross back all with a total travel time of less than five minutes. Arkansas can now be crossed off your list.
Enjoy your time in Memphis and GO CATS!