If you don’t have plans for Sunday afternoon, you are female and you love the Wildcats, I have just the activity for you: Coach Cal’s Women’s Clinic to be held at Rupp Arena.
This marks the eighth year of the clinic in which attendance has grown from 250 to 1,000 participants.
I have attended every year and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Over the years I have noted that a few things never change.
– Someone will ask Coach Cal, “Are we going to beat Louisville?”
– Someone will ask a player, “ Now, which one are you?”
– There will be that one lady that always stands out in the crowd (was never me).
– Someone will wear a dress and heels.
It is an afternoon filled with fun, basketball, videos and interaction with the coaching staff and if you’re lucky, you will get to meet a player or two.
The event has been moved to Rupp Arena from Memorial Coliseum this year to accommodate the number of participants. This will allow the unique opportunity to tour the locker room. Participants can also purchase autographed basketballs (limit of 3) and Coach Cal will sign one (1) additional item during registration. It is never to early to start Christmas shopping.
I guarantee a good time and can assure memories will be made. In fact there are a few memories I will never forget…..
– I might have left the group and went into the kitchen at Wildcat Lodge and sat down with Patrick Patterson while he ate mac ‘n cheese.
– I might have tried on Demarcus Cousins’ shoes.
– I might have had a ten minute conversation with Tony Barbee (his first year) and had
not a clue who he was.
– I might have sat next to Josh Hopkins and when he asked if I wanted an autograph, I
said, “No I’m good.” This was many years ago!!
If you have not registered, go to coachcal.com for all the information.
Michele Brown and I will be live tweeting from @themillsshow during the clinic. If you see us, come up and introduce yourself. We would love to meet you!
Safe travels to all those attending.
Hope to see you there.